- Post Graduate
- Nalanda University Entrance Exam
Nalanda University Entrance Exam 2018
The Nalanda University, Patna (Bihar), India conducts entrance examinations and interviews for admission into various post graduate courses. Based the learning from ancient Indian philosophy the University attracts students and scholars from all over the world. At present following Post Graduate (PG) degree courses are offered
- Ecology and Environment Studies
- Historical Studies
- Buddhist Studies, Philosophy and Comparative Religions
Nalanda University Admission Process 2018
The admission process in Nalanda University is done in a two tier process:i) Shortlisting/screening of Application Forms:
- A Preliminary shortlisting of application forms are done based on the eligibility, academic performance, and completeness of the Application form.
- The final shortlisting is done on the basis of qualitative aspects like written work, referee’s recommendation, SoP, , etc.
ii) The second tier is the Personal Interview of the Candidate which is held at the university
The entire application process for Nalanda University admissions is online. The candidates are required to fill up online application form by logging in to their official website
and for any admission enquiries, the candidates may contact the admission office.
Nalanda University Application Fees 2018
- Indian candidates: Rs. 600
- Foreign Nationals: $ 10
Schools of Nalanda University
At present for delivering academic programmes, the Nalanda University has 3 schools
- School of Historical Studies
- School of Ecology and Environment Studies
- School of Buddhist Studies, Philosophy and Comparative Religions
Nalanda University PG Admission Eligibility Criteria 2018
The candidates are required to fulfil the following eligibility criteria for admission in Nalanda University-For Indian Students
The candidates should have a 3 year Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3) from any Indian University recognized by UGC/AICTE with a minimum of 55% marks.For Students belonging to foreign countries
The candidate should successfully complete their Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 15 years of prior studies i.e. in 10+2+3 pattern, scoring a GPA of at least 2.2 or above on a 4 point scale or any other equivalent grade if other grade point scale is used.Proficiency in English Language (For all Applicants)
- All candidates applying for masters program in Nalanda University are required to demonstrate a high level of competence in the English language, as all courses will be conducted in English.
- Students must strictly be able to demonstrate that they are able to communicate in English language at a level that is suitable to the Graduate Programs.
Any one of the following scores will be accepted by the University as evidence of competence in English language:
For graduates from universities outside India, scores of any one of the accepted English Language tests (TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, PTE, STEP). However, in the absence of such score, a certificate from the qualifying University/Institution stating that the medium of undergraduate study of the candidate had been English will also be acceptable.
For the Indian students, it’s a must that they should produce a certificate stating that they have completed their undergraduate education in English as the medium of instruction and examination.
Nalanda University Admission Fees 2018
Indian Students: Rs. 6,000/-
Students from foreign universities: $ 100
Nalanda University Address
The Administrative Headquarters of Nalanda University is in Rajgir, Bihar. The University also maintains an outreach office situated in Delhi for easier access to all students and scholarsCampus Address:
Rajgir, District Nalanda, Bihar, India
Fax: 91-6112-255766Delhi Office:
2nd Floor, Council for Social Development,
53 Lodhi Estate, New Delhi, India