Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University is a state University in Darbhanga, Bihar. Established in 1961, the institution is dedicated to the promotion and teaching of Sanskrit, the ancinet language in India. It also imparts training and learning in Pali and Prakrit which involves analysing and understanding of texts. The current building of the University is located in the place which is the ancestral palace of Kameshwar Singh. He donated the Anand Bagh Palace to the government of Bihar to be developed into a University for the promotion of Sanskrit. While Mahamhopadhyay Dr. Umesh Misra the eminent scholar was the first Vice Chancellor of the University, eminent Sanskrit scholar and poet Professor Ram Karan Sharma was the vice chancellor of Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University, Darbhanga, from 1974 to 1980.
Objectives of Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University
- Conducting the examination and providing degrees, diplomas, certificates to students studying Sanskrit, Pali and Prakrit in the University or constituent colleges
- Provide proper training and higher education in specified langauges
- Conducting any other examination other than the specified examination, which the University considers to be appropriate and provide certificates on the basis of its examination
- Accepting and funds and land donations and use them according to the terms of donation or trust and keep accounting.
- Conduct postgraduate teaching and research work in university departments, colleges or institutes.
- To create posts for teaching and research work as per the University's expectation and to appoint persons on such posts by the Act or under its prescribed manner.
- Cooperate with other universities and institutions in a manner that is agreed by the University and do all other work and things that are required for the purpose of pursuing the objectives of the University.
Responsibilities of Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University
- Publication and dissemination of materials related to knowledge, science, spirituality, narrative etc. for the general public in the Vedas, Vedanga, Upanishads, Ramayana, Mahabharata, Puranas, Poetry, Epics, etc., as well as the literature in the form of small texts.
- To coordinate with institutions of Sanskrit, Prakrit and Pali located in the country and abroad and exchange of new achievements received in the field of education through teachers and students of each other.
- To publish the famous ancient and new texts of these languages in the form of a traditional book and e-book.
- Storage of harmonic texts and special lectures presented by famous scholars in the form of audio \ Video and communicate them to the inquiries through the university's website.
Departments in Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University
Programmes and Courses in Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University
The following programmes are conducted in the University
- Up Shastri (IA/ HS)
- Shastri (BA)
- Acharya (MA)
- Pustakalaya Vigyan Shastri (B. Lib. Sc)
- Ayurvedacharya (BAMS)
- Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D)
- Vidyavachaspati (D. Lit)
Colleges under Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University
Library of Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University
The University Libray is proud home to unique collection of manuscripts on epics, vyakarana, philosophy, dhramashastra, etc. It also has a rare collection of more than 5500 manuscripts including six illustrated manuscripts of Ramayana, Srimadbhagavata, Gitagovinda and Durga Saptasi. It has so far documented 2000 manuscripts, covering 49 institutions and 206 private collections in 13 districts.
The Library has 15156 volumes of books in its collection and 3836 research papers. It also subscribes to various Sanskrit and literature journals and magazines.
Hostels in Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University
The University has good facilities for accommodation for the both girls andboys in the campus. There are 4 hostels namely:
- Panhini Hostel
- Yagyavalya Hostel
- Vaschpati Hostel
- Ladies Hostel
Admission in Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University
Candidates wanting to take admission in UG courses must have completed their 12th in relevant subject or having equivalent qualification from one of the recognized board of India
Candidates who have completed their degree in a relevant subject can fill the application form of PG course.
Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University
Darbhanga - 846004
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com