- Iit Patna
Indian Institute of Technology Patna
Indian Institute of Technology Patna is one of the new IITs established on August 06, 2008. Since inception in 2008 and till April 2016, more than four hundred students have been awarded B.Tech. degree, more than seventy five students have been awarded M.Tech. degree and more than 20 research scholars have been awarded PhD degree.
This new IIT in Patna has ten departments:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Humanities & Social Science
The Institute is equipped with all the modern facilities and state-of-the-art facilities that are routinely used to train and educate students in the following programs:
BTech Courses in IIT Patna
IIT Patna awards Bachelor of Technology degrees in the following disciplines:
Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Civil and Environmental Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering
MTech Courses in IIT Patna
M.Tech in multi-disciplinary streams with eight specializations:
- Mechatronics jointly offered by Departments of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering,
- Mathematics & Computing jointly offered by Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science & Engineering,
- Nano Science & Technology jointly offered by Departments of Physics and Chemistry,
- Computer Science and Engineering offered by Department of Computer Science & Engineering,
- Communication System Engineering offered by Department of Electrical Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering offered by Department of Mechanical Engineering,
- Civil and Infrastructure Engineering offered by Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering offered by Department of Materials Science and Engineering.
Research Programs in IIT Patna
Research scholars are admitted in the PhD program of this Institute in all ten (10) departments.
As of April 2016, IIT Patna has six hundred seventy students enrolled in its B Tech programs, one hundred sixty one M.Tech students and two hundred fifty nine Ph.D students.
As of April 2016, faculty strength of IIT Patna is one hundred one (which includes one DST Ramanujan Faculty Fellow, one Adjunct Faculty, one DST INSPIRE Faculty and one Visiting Professor). Faculty members are supported by more that seventy efficient staff (non-teaching) members. These numbers are anticipated to increase as the Institute is growing at a steady pace. The faculty members of IIT Patna have a wide range of academic and research experience.
IIT Patna Admission
Admission to these programs is through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)-Advanced taken by students seeking admission into the IITs after completing 10 plus 2 years of schooling.
Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihta,
Patna -801106 (Bihar)